The holidays have come and gone. Usually I feel very sad when Christmas is gone, but not this year. I think this year was so rewarding and fulfilling that there was nothing to be sad about. Either that or I just have no time to feel sad. I have 2 little people that keep me very busy and I love every minute of it. I'm not going to make any losing weight/getting fit/quitting soda resolutions, but I am going to have a goal. I want to start writing letters to each child. I'm horrible at the baby books and not a crafty mom whatsoever. This will be something special that they can have later in life.
Now on to looking back at a great year..
January:
On New Year's Eve, we were in Maryland. We found a new home for our dog, Charlie. It was a very sad day for us, but symbolic all the same. We were starting a brand new year and Charlie was going to a family where he would be happy.
February:
Instead of doing anything for Valentine's Day, we decided to see "Gummy" in 4d ultrasound. Vickie & David came down and of course my mom went. It was an amazing experience.
March:
We took Caden on a Caden's weekend. It was Rob's last 4 day before "Gummy" was born. We went to the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia then spent the night at the hotel in Myrtle Beach that has the indoor water park. We just wanted to do something special for him. We also found out that I would be getting induced at the beginning of April.
Rob was in a wedding in the middle of March. That was fun!
The rest of March, we got ready to have a new baby!
April:
On April 1st, it was our last night as a family of 3. A very emotional night for me after Caden went to sleep as can be expected. I find it amazing how small he was when I left to go to the hospital and how big he seemed when he came to visit his new baby.
April 2, we went in at 5am to be induced. Induction began at 9:30am & at 5:18pm, we were the insanely proud parents of Miss Adalyn Soleil. She was so beautiful!
April 4, Easter. I was discharged from the hospital, but Adalyn had to stay. We came home for an Easter egg hunt with Caden and went back to feed Adalyn every 3 hours.
April 5, our baby girl came home from the hospital! Caden was so excited!
April 14, Rob went up to VA.
May:
May was a very hectic month. Having a toddler & newborn at home is very overwhelming even when there are 2 parents. I'm ever grateful for my mom! Rob was still up in VA until the end of the month.
June:
Rob was still home and will be going on leave. We're just trying to get into a routine and planning our first road trip with 2 kiddos. We went to WV to visit with Mamaw Pat & Mamaw O. Then drove over to MD in..
July:
We spent the 4th in MD then came back home for our big boy's THIRD birthday party! We had his birthday party at Splash Island in Mt. Pleasant. It was so much fun!
Rob left for VA again. Booo!
August:
Life was a lot easier this time. We did some sleep training with Adalyn back in July so she was sleeping and more on a routine.
Caden started preschool on August 20th! I cried! He cried! After the first week, it was a lot better.
We were planning a trip up to VA at the end of August to visit with Rob. My mom was going to ride with the kids and me.
September:
We started this month off with my birthday and driving back to SC.
2 weeks later and Rob was home FOR GOOD!
October:
Caden went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch. Rob went with him, but took lots of cute pictures.
This was Adalyn's first Halloween. She was a ballerina. Caden aka Diego thoroughly enjoyed trick-or-treating.
November:
Hard to believe the year will be over soon & Adalyn's very first Thanksgiving & Christmas are right around the corner.
I surprised Rob with Dave Matthews Band tickets for his birthday. We had so much fun!
We took a very short trip to WV to spend Thanksgiving. It was such a great holiday!
December:
Laurie came to visit! Before we knew it, Christmas Eve was here.
Vickie, Laurie, the kids and I went to my mom's house so that Rob & David could put together Caden's big bed! Our big present to him was a twin size bed. His face was priceless when we came home and he saw it.. "A new bed. For me?!" I love that kid!
Christmas morning was the best ever!
Our company left so we took down decorations then headed up to MD where we spent our last days of 2010.
The main event of this year was our family becoming complete. We're so blessed to be the parents of two amazing children. There were obviously a lot of other events that I left out, but I'm getting tired and those are the ones that just stood out.
2011, let's make it a fantastic year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment