I ALMOST (and that's a big almost) want to have another baby for that moment of finding out boy or girl at birth. That moment alone isn't a great reason to have another baby though. I really feel in my heart that we are finished. I know that I will always want to have another baby because I love to take care of people. I love to feel needed. I thoroughly enjoy being a mom. I know that I'll always miss feeling a baby move around in my belly or rub my big pregnant bump. I've come to terms with that. I've accepted that those are just things that I'll always want to experience again. Maternal. That's what I am.
That being said, there are a lot of things that I have no desire to experience ever again. I never want to feel morning sickness or little feet in my ribs making it hard to breathe or having my cervix checked or healing after birth. Even typing those, they just don't seem that big of a deal when you look at what you get in return.
This week, I was thinking about my children as teenagers. Years ago when I first became a mom, being a mom to a teenager felt so foreign and now it is an exciting thought. I'm excited to see who Caden and Adalyn become. I refuse to rush it though. Everyday is a new adventure with these two little people. While I feel conflicted about another baby, I think of all the things that are in our future instead of the things that I will miss in the past.
For everyone that wants to be a mother, I hope that you get to experience this amazing journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

cute post. and yes-SOMETIMES I think I'll miss the baby stages...but then I wake up.
ReplyDelete